We often joke that Reishi helps us rid the sins of the past..
But jokes aside, what is this fascinating fungus actually used for?
- In Chinese medicine, Reishi is known as the ‘King of Mushrooms’.
- Reishi’s medicinal potential was first discovered during the Han Dynasty, which means that it has been used by ancient healers for more than 2000 years.
- The Chinese call Reishi by a different name - ‘lingzhi,’ which translates as ‘the fungus of eternal life’.
- Reishi is extremely rare as it can only be found in Asian forests within tropical or mid latitude climates.
Reishi was discovered more than 2000 years ago by the Changbai Mountains - which is where our extract is sourced from. The climate in the Changbai Mountains is extremely harsh, however Reishi grows best in the forests at the foot of the mountains.
The ancient healers of China and their texts refer to this fungus as the ‘elixir of immortality.’ Also, many texts and maps have been found that point to secret locations, where Reishi can be located.
Reishi is still commonly used in oriental medicine and by now its scientific potential has also been adopted by Western science and medicine.
Reishi is one of the most well known adaptogens in the world. Adaptogens are plants or fungi that help our bodies restore their natural balance and health.
We like to call Reishi the king of detox.
- Reishi contains a huge amount of antioxidants that protect the body from all kinds of external damage and help to cope with the existing oxidative stress in the body.
- Reishi also supports liver function. The liver is one of our most vital organs as it cleanses our body of toxins and helps transfer essential nutrients.
- Consuming Reishi helps the body excrete toxins and bacteria much more easily.
- Finally, it also improves the immune system's ability to withstand diseases and problems caused by aging.
Reishi reduces all four types of allergic reactions, thus it has a positive effect on, for example, asthma, contact dermatitis and other allergic diseases.
It does this through two main mechanisms:
- By supporting the immune system
- By calming the central nervous system
Together, these two mechanisms act in a way that whenever a minor allergen appears, we won’t feel that discomfort in our bodies.
Reishi also has a calming effect and improves the quality of sleep.
It has often been used for improving the quality of sleep as it has a calming effect on the nervous system and reduces stress levels in the body.
Studies have shown that Reishi speeds up the time it takes to fall into deep sleep, which prolongs the quality of sleep every night.
PS! Fun fact - consuming Reishi extract has brought extraordinarily vibrant, adventurous and colorful dreams to many!
Reishi repels other fungi from the body
Scientific research shows that Reishi extract has an antifungal effect. This means that it can be used for treating fungal diseases such as nail fungus, yeast infections, candidiasis.
Reishi - the secret weapon of Chinese medicine, that grounds, soothes and cleanses the body.
We recommend Reishi to anyone who feels internally unbalanced.
It is an excellent natural supplement that allows you to improve your daily quality of life and return to a peaceful place of contentment.
Mighty Fungi's 'Red Reishi' is sourced directly from where it was first discovered. Our extracts go through the most thorough quality control in the world and have a record breaking amount of active ingredients. So you can be 100% sure that you are choosing a supplement that will only improve your health!